Best Oil for Deep Frying – Air Fryer With 70% Less Oil
Deep-fried foods have always been popular and are a staple of the fast-food industry because oil cooks quickly and the food tastes wonderful.
Deep frying is the process of submerging food in hot oil to cook. The surface of the food cooks quickly, creating a seal that the oil cannot penetrate. At the same time, the moisture inside becomes steam and cooks the food from the inside.
It is difficult to say which are the best cooking oils to use for deep frying because fatty foods are not healthy and all oils add fat to the food.
Healthy cooking oil ? To search out oils that have the least risk to health:
- Look at oils that have a high smoke point and are unsaturated fats
- The smoke point is the temperature at which oil starts to break down and produce harmful compounds
- If the temperature of the oil is too low, the oil will seep into the food, making it greasy and bad tasting.
- Re-using oil or cooking at high heat for long periods produces free radicals and trans fats
- Research shows that extra light olive oil and sunflower oil are two of the better options
- Along with canola oil and high oleic safflower oil, they are sources of monounsaturated fatty acids
- Saturated fats and trans fats can raise your cholesterol.
- Polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats are better choices
- All oils affect your cholesterol in some way
Best oil for cooking? These facts show that deep fat frying is not a particularly healthy method of cooking. Perhaps it is time to look at other options from viewpoint of
not adding fat or calories to the food we are preparing.
Healthiest cooking oil? In the new generation of cooking equipment, an excellent option is air an fryer. Air frying uses superheated air to cook the food by way of a fan and a grill to blast very hot air around the food at high speed.
Some of the Benefits of Air Frying
- Healthy Cook: Oil-less fryer with 70%-80% Less Oil.
- A healthier option for preparing fried food.
- Fast cooking: 3 minutes from room temperature to more than 300 degrees.
- Quick Chips (15 mins), Chicken drumsticks (23 mins)
- Easily set the timer, temperature.
- Multi-use meaning you can fry, roast, bake, and grill
- Less clean up time
- Safer machines as you are not dealing with hot oil
- Safe No more handling of hot oil, 100% dishwasher safe
- Less Mess No splashes or splatters and no need to handle messy oil
- Have their own exhaust and cooling systems
- No lingering bad smell
- Recipe book, app
Many companies advertise that their air fryers give the food the same fatty taste as a deep fryer but without using oil. French fries cook in 12 minutes, brown up nicely and have up 70% less fat than the same fries if they were cooked in oil in a deep fryer. Some of the other attributes they describe…durable double rack, ready signal, automatic shutoff and time and temperature control.
Today’s world has an aging population who are fully aware of the benefits of health and fitness to overall well being. Physical activity and diet are their primary concerns.
The Rapid Air Technology of air fryers allows a controlled diet without forfeiting the wonderful taste of fried food.
In view of all of the above, air fryers seem an easy choice, the best oil to cook with.